Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 7m

d0gFartz

DF

You poor, poor xxxx. I welcome the company to my life of misery and discontent. I had a Makino horizontal with this anarcist type of control. Let me guess, the board fried and you lost all the canned cycles, sound familiar?

What is the nature of your inquiry?

When you do G43 H1 or D1 Z1.,then say go and mill a block using comp...get done then G40 to cancel the comp does yours cancel the G43 also.....the next Z move has to have a G43 H or D again or it heads for china....every time it reads a G40 it cancels the comp and height offset,it doesnt matter whether you use a D or H for the height offset.......is there a parameter seeting to fix this.........this is ridiculous

DF

Good point, the G40 will cancel the cutter comp and the length compensation values. The way we ran this on the 7M was just to leave the cuttercomp active thru the moves and when the cutter moves in a Z-Axis direction, then the cuttercomp deactivated itself somehow.

Just try it without the G40 at the end of your profile and reposition to the next cut with Z moves intermediate and give her a try. Let me know how this works for you.

HTH

[ 10-18-2002, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Andrew McRae ]

Something like that. Give it a try but set your successive doc's at .002" or something to make sure you are comping to the proper side.

I used this machine at a previous employer and have a backup CD of all the gcode at home. Perhaps Monday I can post some sample code.

What is your proper name?? The handle is too ackward to type and besides, you know who you are talking to...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

BTW the 22 is a lower version than the 16 or 18 even!!

And to add to that, the 15iM control is the most powerful Fanuc Control, then the 16iM, then the 18iM, then the 21iM, and lastly the 0M. That's how it goes eh!

quote:

no G40 and it lifts on a Z instead of becoming a punch press

That's a riot! biggrin.gif

I am going to keep petitioning for the "best-of" page including these one-liners!

BTW, the Okuma posts have a nice downward death move (G53 Z0)at the end of each tool that I've seen someone mention here before. It definitely got my attention on the first job we setup on our new 3016s eek.gif

DF,

How many of the old monitors do you have in stock? These things go on the fritz and there is a company in Waterloo Ontario who will repair this old junk and may even have something as a new equivalent. Do a net search and look up fanuc, monitor, repair and you shold see it.

Andrew i dont have any,i was trying to finish up a post for a customer for an old makino vertical with a 7m and this friggin problem reared its ugly head....i figured someone hear hada be runnin one.........i`ve only ever run 6,10,15,16,18 and OM controls as far as fanucs go....never this antichrist 7m........thanks for the info though,you saved me a ton of work

The ol' 7M sure was a different beast.

I've run ino 2 of them, and one was a used one (aren't they all ?) that was the FIRST CNC machine this shop had purchased. Complete rookies to the world of CNCs! Boy, was that fun! rolleyes.gif BTW, I was told years ago by someone that worked for Fanuc that less than 350 7M controllers were ever produced.