Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Library Error in Lathe V9

Mick

I come across this error. In lathe V9SP1, I selected the Sandvik tool library. I completed a finish toolpath using a standard turning tool. Compensation was set in computer, and was to the correct side. When the toolpath generated, it compensated to the centre of the tool radius, even though tool was configured with the correct radius, and compensation was on.

All I did was open the tool up in the Operations Manager, and reselect the tool radius from the drop down list. I then regenerated, and it was fine.

Has anyone else come across this?

Also, would it be a handy feature to double click on a MC9 (which was completed in Lathe) and have it open up in lathe rather than mill? Is there some way a chook or application could be written to do this? (Maybe a request for V10 smile.gif

Just to add...In experimenting, it appears to be a graphics problem. The posted code is correct. The tool itself appears to be displayed incorrectly. And to correct it, all I had to do was open the tool in the operation manager. I didn't even need to select the radius. Anyone else struck this?