Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NEED FOR SPEED

Toby

I'm looking for everyones opinion on where the greatest speed/efficiency increases are between vs7.2c and vs8.0?

the ones that sign the checks around here want to know how vs8.0 will save this company money.

Any thoughts?

------------------

Toby Baughman

Magic Mfg

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Associativity in ALL toolpaths has made the most substantial gains in speed in my opinion. I don't have to keep reselecting geometry when I don't get exactly what I want. I just change the parameters, regen toolpath and it's done.

James Meyette

Toby,

Oh, Where to start!?!

The biggest improvement in v8 over v7 is the addition of associativity in the surface toolpaths. To be able to remachine the model or change parameters or tools without having to re-select the surfaces is a blessing!

If you are not doing surface machining then there is the remachining in contour, What a PLUS! And ramp contour, you couldn't even do that in any of the previous versions.

Multiple groups in the operations manager makes it easier to manage your toolpaths.

Drafting/Dimensioning is much easier and faster.

Have a look at http://dennisne.home.netcom.com/v8prev.htm for a more detailed list of "What's New in V8".

Hope that helps,

Dennis

Less #@$^@#$%&@$^%* mouse clicks & Better layer management tools & OOOH yea the cost to upgrade is under 2000$ including a lathe up-g. Thats what it cost me. If he wont sign the check then he's Nutts !!!!!!

One more thing

Version 8.1 is comming up with even more inhansments & if what i,m told is correct if you already own 8.0 the upgrade to 8.1 is free. Cant get 8.1 if your still on 7.2c

[This message has been edited by Kenneth Potter (edited 12-12-2000).]