Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Command Line Options For Mastercam

bhyde

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You mean like AutoCAD's Command Line? Doesn't exist if that's what you mean.

Now, for Net Hasp you can edit the command line to make certain features active like the level of software available or to enable certain features. Say Your comapny buys a level 1 seat and a level 3 seat but only 1 seat of solids. You can meke 1 seat run the solids module and the other not. That's about the only "Command Line" options you have.

[ 11-12-2002, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

So, you can launch a cfg file with the shortcut? What I am after is to have the operational defaults for turning coolant on and off on the shortcut for MasterCam. I have thought about doing this for some other items as well, but I need to know if this is going to be feasable to do. If you do this another way let me know. I just wish MasterCam had a global switch on the ops

manager for coolant on and maybe for retaining some other global selections as well! Like maybe remembering feeds and speeds from a previous operation reguardless of the type of operation!

Ok, so I have been working with the operational defaults and turning the coolant off. The problem comes in when we have appox. 25 seats of Mcam and a bunch of people that are used to all the cam software they have being totally customizeable. They will snivel about anything if you dont make it almost id10t proof! None of them know anything about the software except how to make a simple toolpath. But they either want the coolant and other parameters on when they start it or just off. They tend to get a little pi$$ed when they have a part taped down and the coolant come and and xxxxs their part. Most of the customizations are pretty petty and sometimes just not worth the time to do it, but as long as

my boss hears the sniveling, I hear from the boss!

Well, a little training with the mass' sounds like a good idea. having a seperate icon calling up seperate config files which call up seperate operation default libraries... Not so straight forward either. If you instruct them once they have created all their toolpaths to right click and edit common parameters and set them to what they desire I think that is probably as straight forward as you will get.

good luck