Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solids help

Surface

I can machine what I want, but I'm still kinda new to solids V8 and have a problem creating my geometry. I was wondering if someone could offer some suggestions.

What I wish to do is engrave a sphere. I can accomplish this by creating a solid sphere, create a surface from the solid, offset the surface inward and machine that surface using the boundary that I want to engrave.

Doing that will produce the desired result, but I want to see it as a solid rather than in verify. Any thoughts?

I haven't looked at your file, but if I understand you correctly, here's what I would do.

Create a solid instead of a surface on the inside.

Create another extruded solid from the boundry(s) that you want to engrave into your outer sphere (make sure it extends through the inner solid sphere).

Do a Boolean/Common with the inner sphere and the extruded shape(s). This should give you an extruded shape with one side being the desired inner surface.

Then do an Extrude/Cut Body to the outer sphere with the same boundry(s) and this should give you what your looking for. You can do a Boolean/Add to make the outer sphere and the "plugs" one solid.

HTH