Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anilam 1100 and 3200

Does anybody use the Anilam 1100 and 3200 2 axis controls? Are you using Mastercam to program them? What post did you start with? Does the post output a conversational code or "G" code? Any help would be appreciated. I have customer requesting a post for each and he has sent very little information.

I use MPAN113X.pst to program my 3200MK Analam. I realize that this post is for the 3 axis 3300, but it works better than the 2 axis. I output analam ( .m) format code. It stops on all rapid and Z moves. I usually leave all of the Z values at 0 to reduce code. I only use this machine for second ops (simple stuff) and this post has worked well for that.

P.S. Whatch out for large arcs (over 20" radius) on this control! The Analam seems to get lost.

Yeah, the MPAN113X should work even though it was meant for the 3300MK. The MPAN112X I believe was actually written for the 1100 and should work as well and the MPAN5300 was meant for the 5 axis anilam controller and outputs gcode, but will convert perfectly at the controller (if the 1100 has this feature.....) unlike others. I use the 3300, but I'm pretty sure the 2 and 3 axis controllers use the exact same code so..

tmachine, what do you mean when you say gets lost? I have similar problems with the 3300 and am just wondering if maybe it's the same thing....

O/T: Zero, it will cut an arc that is close to the arc that it is supposed to cut, or just go straight for a while then jump to the correct end point. The graphics screen shows it cutting corectly so you don't have much warning until you actually take a cut.

The work around that I use is to create a spline over the arc and then chain it instead of the arc. The output with my post is many small arc sections that the Analam seems to handle better.

Hmmm... I've never seen my 3300 do that, but I do have troubles with larger arcs where the controller wants to compensate for an arc move that it thinks is illogical. And unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to turn this arc compensation adjustment off in the controller, you can only change the minimum amount it will compensate the arc center before actually sending a message to the screen telling you that it has. mad.gif And strangley enough, I have 2 anilams, both set up the exact same way, and one is a little bit nicer then the other when it comes to this.

• 9 years later...