Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stay in cutter Comp.

krystof

OK I must get this fixed. This problem of mine has cost me three parts since ver 7.0 came out. I think it’s a post problem, when I run my cutter around a profile and I want it to go around more then once it comes out of comp. After each pass and then goes back in comp to run the second pass. Ever sine ver 7 came out and still in ver 8 it does this to me when I was using ver 6 I would chain the profile as many times as I want to run the cutter around and the only time it would come out of comp. is when all the passes are finished. How do I fix this? Now I have been manually editing the program so it stays in the cut and when I’m rushing I forget to be careful you all know the story and remove a line that I shouldn’t.

Thanks Krystof

Thanks Dave

I tried the ramp feature and I still get the same results.What I'm trying to acheive is when I want to do muti passes that after the first pass around the profile that it doesn't come out of comp. with the lead in/out and then back in to comp. to finish the second pass.I don't like to edit a program after posting because there is always a chance of making a mistake and it will cost me a part.

thanks Krystof

what is the machine and the post you are using..

now if the part leaves contact with the material & losses cutter comp but comes back on as it rolls back in i can't see a problem ..

are you keeping the tool down at all times?

trying to help..

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcad.net

Try this out:

chain contour one time around.

Multi passes set to two finish passes @ 0

and keep the tool down.

On entry/exit set to your liking but make sure to check the boxes, at bottom, to enter and exit on last depth of cut only.

It works with vs7 also.

------------------

Toby Baughman

Magic Mfg