Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Good Mastercam books needed

Team Whidbey

Hello all

I am very new to Mastercam working in the aerospace industry as a Machinist trying to move up to programming full time. I am in my second semester at bellingham tech and have worked my way thru mastercam version 8 and version 9 book put out by scholars international pub.

My problem is that every job that we have requires many setups and I have been using the wcs views to help with tool setups but I have been having to save every set up as a seperate mastercam file. This is working but it seems cumbersom to me. Can anyone direct me to resources that will help me understand the different views, tool and part set ups better. I look forward to your help.. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

confused.gif

Al,

I don't know if this helps but you can set up multiple toolpath groups (and rename them) and assign a WCS to each group within the same MC file. From the main menu: Toolpaths-Operations, right click on "toolpath group" and select "groups" from the menu. That menu has different tools to manipulate toolpath groups. For each individual toolpath group use the right click menu and select "options" then "edit common parameters" This will bring up a generic tool parameter window. Select the T/C plan button and for both Tplane and Cplane select the appropriate WCS for that toolpath group.

Also you will need to give an NCI name and file destination to each toolpath group. Again using the right click menu for the toolpath groups. Select "options" and then "change NCI destination". Give it a name and save it.

oops, continuing. Each Toolpath group has to be selected as the active group when you are working in that toolpaths WCS. right click on the desired toolpath in the operations window, select "groups" and select "set as active group" the toolpath group name will now be in bold font. Each tool path group can be posted individually (and with different posts if you are using different machines for the same part).

As a side note, toolpath groups, tool paths, parameters, tools, and geometry can be dragged and dropped into any other of the same type.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...