Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using drag

mmonica

When using drag in V8, you could copy a feature multiple times. In V9, I try to drag, copy, it prompts for rotational values, I select (S)nap to get to the Point Entry menu, and it only allows me to translate once, I can't get back to the Point Entry menu, it defaults to the Angle mode. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Monica

Mark,

Modify Drag is really only a quick way to dynamically move geometry around on the screen. There usually is no Point Entry values that can be used with Drag besides the first pick point of where to start the Drag from. If you want multiple copies of a certain feature at a given distance from each other, I suggest to use XForm-Translate. Trnslation will allow for any number of copies of whole parts or individual entities to be arranged as you see fit, with specific values in mind. In V8 I used to call Drag a real "drag" because it was so cumbersome. It's better in V9 but still not as good as a Translate. But then it doesn't need to be. HTH biggrin.gif

I guess what I'm looking for is a multiple copy command. I thought drag would do it, but I don't think it can. I realize x-form will do mulitple copies as long as the are uniformly spaced. I thought V8 drag command would do this but I am mistaken, I was confused with AutoCad copy multiple command. Thanks for the response.