Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Working with the setup sheet for times

Bill L.

I am running a cnc router with mastercam router and would like to be able to utilize the setup sheet information to derive some time estimates. I understand that there are two different types to utilize, the .set which is linked to the post and the graphical. I am able to generate a great looking graphically enhanced tool list which is a joy to setup the tooling with, but I can't seem to get a handle on the .set version to give me the times I'm looking for. Could someone explain how to set this up?

To tell MC to use a .SET type setup sheet generator do this->

Screen->Configure->NC Settings

Look for "Setup Sheet" in the middle-right of this dialog box. Check "Post (uses .SET file)"

To check the name of the .SET file MC is going to use, check this ->

Screen->Configure->Files

Under File Usage select "Setup sheet template"

below in the Filename field is the name of the .SET file that will be used.

I believe that Router v8 shipped with a MILL.SET file in the POSTS folder and the configuration may specify ROUTER.SET has the name of the file MC is looking for.

You can either; rename the MILL.SET to ROUTER.SET -or- change the configuration.

If you still wish to use the Graphical Setup method AND the .SET method you can do this. Leave the configuration set on "Using Graphical Interface" and use the .SET just as a post processor (which it really is!)

To make it easier to select this "post" you may wish to rename MILL.SET (or ROUTER.SET if that is what you have) to something like -> SS.PST