Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Converting V6 lathe files to V9

Nominal

Nominal I sorry to tell you that you will not be able to bring in the ops from V6 because there really are no Ops to bring in like the later versions of MC.

All you can do it Backplot the NCI if you still have them from V6.

As for the Tools I am not postive.

Has any tred to bring them in.

there has been some Major changes to lathe sense then.

Nominal-

There is a way to read in Verison 6 .PRM files. In Verison 9 Lathe, go to File-->Converters-->Next Menu-->Pre 7 Params/Tools.

This will allow you to salvage some of wht you're looking for from your V6 files. When importing your parameters, you'll get the choice to but them into your Ops. Manager, or into a library. Put'em in your Ops manager, then re-assign the geometry to the toolpath. This will make them associative.

Hope you read this before you start over again!

Well I have to say I did not know we could do this going this far back.

After talking with Doug this should work preaty good. I should give in the begening a Op that needs regening .

but you will have to rechain the tool paths and fill in a few thoughts for the newer version but should come across well.

So Big thanks again Doug and it was nice chating again. cheers.gif

Thanks guys. I had figured out the part about importing the prm files. But as you say they don't have any geometry associated, so they are pretty much the feeds and speeds and maybe a couple other things of that nature. My problem is that I wasn't the person that made the v6 files. So its a little hard to tell exactly what geometry was used and how cuts were offset etc without an in depth analysis of the old programs and backplotting the old nci files ( which I do have ). Kind of a pain in the a$$ but if everything was easy anybody could do it :-)