Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

message box

ksoufi

quote:

execute_func("initscrn");

NOTE: The execute_func() call gives you access to a multitude of Mastercam functions. See the MILL (or LATHE or WIRE, etc) .TXT file starting at line 9000 to see the character strings that map to certain function calls.

thanks PDG to giving me this tips, it will help me.

But the problem whith this function or with :

nci_manager (0, NCIMGR_POST_ALL, &n, &fpos, succf);

is that a message box appears and user must clic OK button to continue but I'm trying to automate all job and hope built a chook with minimum clics.

So is there a way to inhibit those messages!

ksoufi,

I don't have any ideas for the nci_manager post all problem. Hopefully PDG can answer. I'd like to know how to do this too.

As for the file new. Try creating a 'dummy' blank file. When you need a new file just read/load this file. Then when finished save the file under a different name. The dummy file could be set as 'read only' so no one accidently overwrites it.

An added benifit of doing this is you can pre-stock and preset varius 'stuff' in the file. For example: To make sure all the JobSetup Values are correct. Or maybe have a preloaded tool list, thus avoiding having to import them. Or a common set of toolpaths. Create notes to use as templates with prefilled text that can be edited through code.

Bryan smile.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

As for the file new. Try creating a 'dummy' blank file. When you need a new file just read/load this file. Then when finished save the file under a different name. The dummy file could be set as 'read only' so no one accidently overwrites it.

An added benifit of doing this is you can pre-stock and preset varius 'stuff' in the file. For example: To make sure all the JobSetup Values are correct. Or maybe have a preloaded tool list, thus avoiding having to import them. Or a common set of toolpaths. Create notes to use as templates with prefilled text that can be edited through code.

Bryan,

This is a great idea. It will actually help me with something completely different. Thank you.

James,

You're welcome. smile.gif The original idea came from our dealer a few years ago when our JobSetup values where going all wonky. Having autonumber tools turned on when you don't want it is a big pain in the xxxx.

I eventually traced it back to when Design creates a new file. Even though you can't specify default jobsetup values in Design it sets them for you anyways. The solution was to set the defaults the way you want them in Mill and then copy the defaults file to Design. smile.gif That and I spiked one of our engineer’s main chooks I created with a routine that resets the values if they are set wrong. biggrin.gif

Bryan smile.gif

Bryan, James

thanks for reply

use of 'dummy' blank file is a good solution

. I'll try to do it.

But the main problem for me now is how to desactivate message box especially for the function nci_manager (0, NCIMGR_POST_ALL, &n, &fpos, succf);

I hope find a solution to finish my job.

PDG,

Is there another way to output text nci?

For example if I use list_manager to get the list of ops. Then I pick the ops I want and write to a file?

pseudocode:

list_manager get ops

open file foo.nci

write the binary nci from op 1 to foo.nci

write the binary nci from op 3 to foo.nci

write the binary nci from op 5 to foo.nci

close file

/ pseudocode

Bryan smile.gif