Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

video problem

mike krueger

I have DUAL XEON 2.4 GHz System with GeForce4 Ti 4800 Video card. Whenever I am trying to use MasterCam v8 or v9, the screen does not refresh. In other word, I can open project that was done previously, but when I try to use toolpaths the screen freezes and the only thing I can do is close mastercam and start all over again. The weird thing is that it works fine with 256 colors, but does not work with 16-bit or 32-bit. The computer always works fine. Even when mastercam does not refresh the screen, I can switch to other programs. The motherboard is SuperMicro X5DAL-G with AGP 8X Slot. I know that it is not the video card, because I tried it on the other computer, basic Pentium III and it works fine. Any suggestions? confused.gif

You'll have set the afinity to either one processor or another. MasterCAM doesn't support dual processors at this moment.

quote:

Q. Is Mastercam an application with native support for computers with dual processors (multi-processing)?

A. No.

In order to successfully (in a stable manner consistently) run Mastercam in a multiple CPU environment, you must set the affinity. To do this you first MUST be running Windows NT4.0, Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional all other Windows OSes do not support multi-threading if you do not meet this criteria you might as well spend a few more bucks and go get Win2k Pro (my personal favorite). Now, launch Mastercam, then minimize it. Launch the Task manager (you may need Power User or Administrator level access to do this so be sure you do), then go to the Processes Page. Right click on Mill9.exe and go to Affinity, and set it to run on CPU1 (or what ever CPU you choose, CPU1 is preferable over CPU0 because CPU0 is handling most of the load). Minimize the Task Manager and Maximize Mastercam and off you go.

Your motherboard manufacturer will have chipset drivers, usually in the form of inf or ini files, etc. There are vital, after they install you'll have to reboot, after windows decides that it recognizes a dozen or so new hardware componenets, things should be fine.

Try that.

Super Micro AGP ftp site

E7505 Intel Inf Chipset- SuperMicro Directory Download and Install the exe file in that directory. if you are unsure, browse the parent directories and read the readme files.

Install those files ONLY if you are sure that they match your chipset. Caution<< tongue.gif

[ 02-25-2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: jadaro ]