Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need some help with gouging on a solid

Reg

Hello all I am having trouble with gouging into a solid part that I am wanting to machine on 4th axis. Wanting to attach a doc(print screen) so you can see what I am talking about. I will try and upload the file to the FTP site (file name would be Gouge)..or I could email it to anyone that would like to give me a hand with it...Thanks in advance email addy is [email protected]

Reg,

How'd you make out with this? Have you talked it over with your reseller at all? MAybe it's something they can help you with. Perhaps Jay (aka CadCam) or James could help out more with this as I'm sure their more familiar with multi-axis toolpaths. Was any of the info. I provided helpful? Let me know. cheers.gif

Trying to regen your toolpath using V9.0SP1, and the appmch patch from Oct 15 found on the Patches section of this site, I get a Flowline surface conflict error and no toolpath is produced.

Looking at the surfaces you've selected, you've pick only some faces of the solid, missing for instance the face on the center boss, which would help to prevent the tool from plunging down to the backside of the side surfaces. Also, the surfaces need to flow together for the 'pattern'. I think you need to use a better pattern surface and a better combination of drive/comp and check surfaces. You may perhaps rethink the use of Msurf5ax on parts with square features. To rough this down, you may for instance want to use a cylinder as your cut pattern, rather than the surfaces themselves. You could also approach this using toolplanes and indexing to tackle the 4 sides.

Regards - Dave

[ 03-05-2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

• 4 weeks later...