Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Reverse posting

Nominal

I've done a search on reverse posting in this forum. I've set Q.93 in my forward post and added reverse to the menu in the accompanying .txt file. Reverse shows up as a menu option but when I click it nothing happens. I've run rpfan a million times in the past in previous versions of MC (I'm using V9 now ). Is there any way to diagnose what is happening when you hit the menu option? Like maybe some sorta trace or log file, or can somebody just tell me what else I've got to do? Thanks.

Nominal,

You're still using Mcam V9.0 instead of V9.0SP1. You need to download and install the SP1 patches and then the post processor updates. Most likely after doing this your problem will will be fixed. You will also want to make the changes to the updated posts for the Reverse option. HTH cheers.gif

Peter,

You had said....

You need to download and install the SP1 patches and then the post processor updates.

Does this mean that even though I updated my posts to V9 and have been using them, that I'll have to download something to update my posts again for V9 SP1?

Nominal,

What I meant was that to update your current V9.0 to V9.0SP1 improves Mastercam. There were some issues with the initial release of V9.0 which were fixed by SP1 and some patches do not work with V9.0 but will with V9.0SP1. Posts that have been updated from V8 or earlier don't necessarily support 360 deg. arc output in a single line of code and other Helix arc functions which the updated V9 posts do. There is also a patch for the Update Post feature in NC Utilities that will help in making your prior version posts operate more like V9 posts. HTH cheers.gif

[ 03-07-2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

Thanks for the help. Yes updating to SP1 was the answer. It all worked once I did that. So the answer to making reverse posting work is.....

1.) Update to SP1

2.) Add Q.93 to the forward post to indicate what file to use for reverse posting.

3.) Add the menu option for reverse to the .txt file of the forward post.

• 7 months later...