Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A-90 or A270 ??

Rekd™

Is there a switch in the post to enable it to output an A-90º instead of A270º, to keep the rotab from doing the full 270º swing? Or do I have to create logic for that? And if so, is there anyone doing this that would like to share the logic?

'Rekd teh "A good programmer is not determined by the type of code he can write, but instead by how effectively he can make someone else's code work for him!"

Here's the scenerio;

I have a rotab with a Gerardi attached with an A-Frame along the X. I have a vacuum chuck mounted on the Gerardi, with the vacuum lines routed along the Gerardi and out over the rotab.

I'm doing work at 0°, 90° and 270°. I can't allow the rotab to go around from 0 to 270 because it would a) wrap the vacuum line around too much and B) takes too long to swing from 0 to 270.

If I change the 270 to -90 it works great because it goes the other direction, which un-winds the vacuum line and goes faster.

Do I need to create some logic in the post to test the rotabs position, and where it's going, then decide if it should rotate the other way? Or just test for values of, say, 270 and replace them with -90?

'Rekd teh "Wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round..."

From 0, mpmaster and mpfan take the closest move to -90. From 180 though, you're on your way to 270. I'd grab mpmaster from this site, change one_rev to 1 up at the top and make these changes in pcoutrev:

code:

while fmtrnd(cabs) > 180,

[

cabs = cabs - 360

rev = rev - 1

]

while fmtrnd(cabs) <= -180,

[

cabs = cabs + 360

rev = rev + 1

]

Nominal, Changing ctol to 179 pretty much JFK'd my posting. It slowed WAYYYYY down. (I'm watching the dots go by as I'm writing this) biggrin.gif (It posted normally at 180 and above, fyi).

Hell, I'm not even sure it's gonna ever finish. I think it went into an infinate loop. (oh, to be able to step through a post a command at a time)

I'll try Dave's suggestion in the AM. Thanks

Rekd teh Dots won't stop!