Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Vericut

Mick

This is off topic, but since there doesn't seem to be a Vericut forum like this, I'll give it a go smile.gif

I've just come back from a friends work, where they have Vericut. He tried verifying an Okuma Mill program (G-code) for me, for an Okuma vertical with a A axis (Thats our machine). The Okuma A axis works in the range 0-360 degrees, and controls its direction with M15 = CW rotation, and M16 = CCW rotation. Just on the off chance anyone has used Vericut to test an Okuma 4 axis toolpath like this, I'd like to know if you have had any success. We've had it cutting, but the problem is that there appears to be no option for the Rotary axis to be "Positive only" between 0 and 360, with rotation controlled by the M15/M16 commands. As a result, the A direction gets all messed up. I'm needing to verify this particular toolpath, for this particular job , with the eventual hope that I can convince my boss to purchase Vericut. I think to convince him, I need to show a true verification of A axis G code for the Okuma. smile.gif

Since its a Sunday here, and the local Vericut agent won't be in, I figured I might try my luck here. Otherwise, I'll get my mate to ask the local dealer smile.gif

Cheers,

Mick