Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Has anyone out there written any vbscripts to run in MasterCam? If so could you direct me to any documentation on the Methods used with MasterCam.

I checked out the sample scripts and noticed functions like:

"Call askColor(mcCOLOR_LIGHTBLUE)" being used. This one calls the MasterCam color dialog box. Is there any documentation on this, and all the other functions available?

Would greatly appreciate any Help.

Thanks

Thanks for the help fellas. That Help file was exactly what I was looking for.

I hear the next release will be a full Windows based application. That should make integration easy with VB & visual studio. Have you guys heard wether they plan to build a OCX control for integration with this version X?

Thanks again

Let's not and say we did. I really don't look forward to rewritting 30+ chooks. Why don't we work on improving the existing C library. Simplify, extend, greater access to the MC core, fully document the library ...yada yada yada

C is used pretty much used to write every other language out there. I'd much rather see work done on the current library to improve its ability to be used in:

Visual Basic

VbScript

Javascript

Jscript

Java

.Net framework

DDE/ole/com/ocx/activex etc

C++

C#

or whatever.

IMHO.

Bryan smile.gif

Of course this is probably a moot point since MC X has been in the works for several years and how ever it's going to work has already been planned and implimented.