Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Visual Basic Scripting

quote:

So out of interest do any of you guys expect to use this feature,

Prolly not. Mastercam is just using this as a ploy to try and become the single most powerful CAM package in the world. Then they will dominate everyone and force them to use THEIR way of making parts! (oops, wrong thread)

'Rekd teh Confused

I only got a brief chance to play with the vscripting in beta so I'm not totally sure if/how I'll use it but... There are supposed to be quite a few example files included in v9.1. I'm hoping they contain something interesting.

Also their are a lot of smart people here on the forum so I'm sure in time we'll see a few interesting applications. (Lets just hope they share smile.gif )

Myself I hoping to use them for some rapid prototyping of chooks. Get the basic function tested in vbscript then convert over to a chook for speed.

Another idea I had is our engineers have a lot of standardized parts. Many are just variations on a theme, longer, bigger, wider, etc... I was hoping to encode a few of these in some vbscripts. Then all they would have to do is answer a few questions and pick a point to create it. This would give greater control than 'insert pattern'. Think inserting or creating on two different levels or colors. If in the future if the pattern need fixing or changed, it can be easily changed right in the file. And finally get rid of all those extra pattern files.

Bryan smile.gif

[ 03-23-2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: bryan314 ]

Hi to all

In general with other CAD/CAM systems (CATIA v5, Solidworks, AutoCAD etc..), we use Vbscripts for automation, i.e. if we have many repetitive tasks, it will be better to do them via a an add-in.

Chook are written whith C/C++ that it's more difficult than Vbscripts, but more efficient and gives a large application's field.

HTH

I agree with KSoufi. The intent of delivering the VBScript tools is to open up programming to a wider audience.

And I'll disagree (politely) with Bullines. That is indeed how it works, but not ALL of the C-Hook functionality has been "wrapped". Right now it's pretty robust in the 2D and 2.5D worlds. We will be releasing new (expanded) versions of the VB Script toolkit post-V9.1.

PDG