Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Duckman,

Many many things are possible in C language. The answer to your question is "yes". Best thing is to post a specific question concerning your application and to ask in the forum for someone to quote on the job.

You can always send your request in to Camaix, they do C-Hook programming.

Luc

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Duckman is trying to write his own C-Hook, and was asking if it was possible.

As was stated, MANY things are possible with C++.

Usually the only limitations in programming are a programmer's skill, knowledge, and creative drive.

BTW Duckman, it is possible to do what you are asking. Camaix's 5 Axis Multi Surf C-Hook did exactly this for Version 8. They probably have an updated version for V9.

Are you wanting to also transfer the toolpath your C-Hook creates to the Operations Manager as an associative operation? I admire your drive to learn this and not

quote:

...ask in the forum for someone to quote on the job.

I wish you success in this.

[ 06-22-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Thanks James. I am actually a student trying to learn this...for this proejct actually, all operations must be transparent to the user. My chook needs to load an mc8 file and create a pocket contour(with various input parameters), and then output a pmc file describing this toolpath. the menu will have an "open file" command, and after the user selects the file, he should take no further action and a pmc file must be generated. any help with the general algorithm would be greatly appreciated

thanks a lot!