Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I'm trying to get Operation IDs from a post which includes operations not set to post as well as operations with different NCI destinations.

Reason being is that on parts with multiple setups I put the operations in the order that they run best when all setups are completed and I'm running a 'combined' program but can still post the single setups individually.

For example; My Ops Manager will contain ops in this order...

[*]1-[WCS: Op 1]- Mill Top

[*]2-[WCS: Op 1]- Rough Contour

[*]3-[WCS: Op 1]- Rough Contour

[*]4-[WCS: Op 2]- Rough Pocket

[*]5-[WCS: Op 4]- Rough Contour

[*]6-[WCS: Op 1]- Finish Contour

[*]7-[WCS: Op 2]- Finish Pocket

Each "WCS: OP x" has it's own nci destination which gets 'combined', posted then restored when i do a 'combined' NC file.

It works fine when posting the 'combined' program, but when I post single programs, each one starts with Op 1 and is sequential.

So where "4-[WCS: Op 2]- Rough Pocket" is really Op ID 4, it gets posted as Op ID 1 in the single programs.

(I use these Op ID numbers so the operators know which operation in Mastercam does that. The NC files and Setup Sheets have the Op ID numbers to help with the 100+ operation files wink.gif )

According to the post pdf...

quote:

op_id

Notes:

op_id will be a unique value for each operation,
but do not assume that op_id from one operation to the next operation will be in numeric order.

Is there any other way to get an 'ordered' operation list which includes all operations in the MC9 file?

Nothing easy,

A script that would:

1. post out all the ops with a dummy post that would write a buffer file that contains all the operations op_id$ value.

2. reset the selected/ghost status of all the operatiosn before running the script

3. post using your real post that in psof would count up to the first op_id$ being posted in to that op_id$ in the buffer file to find out what the actual operation # in ops manager is.

4. un-ghost all ghosted ops (or those that were not ghosted before the script).

I had a script that did a double post like this where the first post was actually a setup sheet that strictly kept track of tool run times so it could be output at the toolchange. I looked around and I haven't been able to find this script. I do have a multipost script from version 9 that keeps track of the posting/selected status of the ops if you want it.

HTH