Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to get an operation

how to get the current filename

annnnd mmmm. how to create a new view and set the gview equal to it

Because under GUI I really dont see how you could create a whole new arbitrary view.

even with the MCMATH members you dont have a way of using any of the results that we'd get from using those math functions

those would be great smile.gif

• 5 weeks later...

- How to create tool path groups in a new blank file, with specific names.

- Also would like to see the code for hlg2's request from above about creating a new view, and include how to associate a point to the view for the origin.

These would be great helps,

Thanks, smile.gif

David

How about some recomended reading for someone looking to learn to write hooks? What language would you get the most bang out of? (C++, C#, .NET) I'm Very interested but very confused about net-hook, C-hook. I've read alot and feel pretty solid about some basics (arrays, char, int, double and so onnnn). But am having trouble putting it all together with which class to use or function, which class writes a variable which one reads a variable. I guess what i'm asking for is a good referance manual with examples (maybe even pertaining to mastercam.

I only have VC 6.0 so i don't have access to the sdk for McamX yet. I've heard the net-hook wizard is really helpful. My immediate stumbling block is a understanding of how to use m_open m_close and m_enter instead of m_main. headscratch.gifbonk.gif Sorry if this is more basic understanding for some of you.

Chad,

I believe your first question depends on if you want to write C-Hooks or Net hooks. If C-hooks, I believe you need to use either C or C++. For NetHooks you can use C#, Visual Basic, and I imagine the other .Net languages. I prefer C#. My experience so far has been with the NetHooks side, and I'm just trying to get my arms around this. I've had pretty good luck browsing through the Mastercam namespace in the object browser using visual studio, and reading the summary descriptions for the Classes and Methods, however I'm with you on wanting some more documentation and examples. I'm sure it will come with time as I understand the nethook feature is fairly new. I'm also hoping for X2 that there is additional functionality added to nethooks.

Good luck to you,

David

• 5 months later...

Yes. Im having a hard time trying to understand "where to get the code". Ive got VB to work, and went through all the sample programs per the .pdf, now how do I make something happen that I need to happen? Do you pull the snippets out of MC SDK? I know this sound like an ignorant question; Now what do I do?

How do I start putting 2+2 together?

I still cant get anything to build when pulling in the samples from the C-hooks. Ill update them to VS 2005 and point them to MC SDK, and Windoze PSDK and they fail to build. It cant find certain files, even though I can go into the folders and find them myself.

This really sucks for a rookie trying to learn without any guidance; no fault of CNC's, but again, any guidance is appreciated.

1. Perhaps a basic explanation of where to obtain code for use for building nethooks.(Since these are the only ones I can get to work.)

2. Some further examples of even cheesy programs. This would be great to have a visual.

3. An updated to VS 2005 .pdf to learn from.( I think that Im doing it right, but Im not sure)

4. Im sure that this list will get longer, but for now I think this would help get me rolling!

Thanks for being understanding to my frustration.

Trying to learn on the fly is difficult for anyone.

Kelly,

See Zerren's post about...

Updating CHook projects to build using VS2005 for X2

I see there has been much confusion about the CHook Wizard.

To paraphrase what Mike Harnad stated;

1> The VS2003 wizard will not work in VS2005.

2> The wizard for VS2005 will be included in the X2-MR1 release of the SDK.

If you have both VS2003 & VS2005 you can do this until X2-MR1...

See in the above topic where Mike explains how to install the VS2003 CHook Wizard.

You then (using VS2003) use the Wizard to generate a base "old-style" Chook,

make the updates noted in Zerren's post and then save this project as a template for

creating other "X2 style" CHook projects.

• 2 weeks later...