Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anybody got any idea how to edit an existing solid? I'm trying to familiarize myself with the solids portion of the sdk.

I see the routines for creating (sld_new_primitive) and boolean operations (sld_new_boolean).

But after they created I don't see anyway to go back and edit them. The entity structure (ent --> mc_solid_ent) only seems to refer to a parasolid id number. I can't find any functions for retrieving the info by referencing the id number. I don't see any way to go from selecting a solid ent, ie via select_ent, to editing and resaving it back.

any help would be appreciated.

Bryan smile.gif

this is a part of my code,(that does rotate solid ent&boolean continuously)

I dont know how to undo solid operation, so I just saved backup files..

(to remove solid operation history,save solid entity as *.x_t file and load it again.. or use nohist.dll)

code:

ent e0,e1;

//select_ent or set sel bits

DB_LIST_ENT_PTR *bodyPtrs=new DB_LIST_ENT_PTR[2];

bodyPtrs[0]=e0.eptr;

bodyPtrs[1]=e1.eptr;

sld_new_boolean(1, 2, bodyPtrs, "boolean");

delete bodyPtrs;

if(!CFile_DoFileSave(file))

{

return (MC_NOERROR | MC_UNLOADAPP);

}

James,

I know you're joking. And that you're not insinuating anything. But please, even jokingly, don't associate me or my chooks with cracking. I too have taken enough heat over that-which-you-speak-of. It is a bug in mastercam. (a very very big bug) My chook has nothing to do with that. The same result can be accomplished through mastercam without my chook. It just makes the bug that much more visible.

Bryan

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...But please, even jokingly, don't associate me or my chooks with cracking...

My bad. Sorry man. Yeah I was totally joking. I took a lot of heat too, perhaps not as much as you but still I took plenty. Some reseller geek was sayin'stuff about me in the reseller forum I heard too. Saying I was in on something. (I didn't actually see it so I don't know for sure but I heard about it). I've got friends in low places. biggrin.gif

quote:

...The same result can be accomplished through mastercam without my chook...

Yeah, so I hear. To think we had to take heat/grief for that... .

So....... Bryan. WHat kid of C-Hooks are you cooking up for X/X2??? Inquiring monds want to know!!!

THere was a C-Hook that was "started" a number of years back that actually allowed you to "build" parts in Excel. Then in Mastercam, you would asociate values in the table with dimensional values, basically a crude parametric system, only worked in 2D. I wish Moldplus would have continued development on it. They called it Paraplus. While it was in Alpha, I used it to do sample Lathe parts. My demo was actually a CAT/BT holder. Since they are defined the same way, just different sizes, once I initially had drawn the part, and programmed it, and generated a solid, I could make any other holder with a couple mouse clicks, just by selecting a different table. It was cool. I wich they'd start development again. Maybe they will.

James,

sorry if I over-reacted. a bit of a touchy subject. frown.gif

quote:

So....... Bryan. WHat kid of C-Hooks are you cooking up for X/X2??? Inquiring monds want to know!!!

Right now I'm just trying to get a bunch of our 'internal' 9 chooks converted over to X. Luckily many of the 9 'regular' chooks are redundent in X so I can just ignore them. Ie right-click-mouse.

As for new ones, haven't put much thought into yet. Our engineers are doing more with solids and had a few requests but seeing accessing or modifying a solid via a chook is NA those are now kaput.

Bryan smile.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The way around the solids issue would be to modify the constraining geometry, tidy it all up and regen the solid manually. A smidge hokie but... sometimes you can't always have clean as a whistle. : D