Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

All, I'm using the function: rotate_silent. In the help file, it says that the sixth argument should be a short variable type to represent the view to rotate the model in. From some vbs experience, 5 seems to be a side view. I need to rotate my part about the x-axis. So I chose the side view as my rotate_silent function argument. The problem is, it doesn't rotate in that view. It only rotates in the top view, no matter what value I put for the argument. Am I misunderstanding the argument, or am I going to have to set my construction plane to "side" before using this function?

arenner,

You're reading it right - that argument is the view in which the rotation will take place. I think you uncovered a bug. You should be able to get it to work by setting 'constr_view' to 5 before calling rotate_silent(). Continue to pass '5' as that 6th argument too.

And don't forget to set constr_view BACK to whatever it was immediately afterwards.

I'll see about fixing it in X2, but that'll get you going for now.

Thanks for the info Pete. I'm afraid I'm sorta new to this programming stuff. I'm not sure you mean by "setting 'constr_view' to 5 before calling rotate_silent()." Is 'constr_view' just your variable name?

When you say "set constr_view BACK to whatever it was immediately afterwards." why is that important? I guess I could return it to the top view after calling rotate silent.

Excuse the newbieness. Thanks.

Thanks Mastershake. I was thinking constr_view was a variable when my search for constr_view didn't return a function in the help file. I found the information in the "Math Variables" documentation.

Yeah, I'll set the view to 5, then switch it back to top (1) when I'm done. Thanks to you both cheers.gif