Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT UL approval

two words

Underwriters Laboratories (UL) approval of a product is generally something that a manufacturer seeks for a product line. Some information is avaliable at http://www.ul.com/welcome.html. From their site: "Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) is an independent, not-for-profit product-safety testing and certification organization." UL listing, certification, or approval is not something that is typically done by an owner of a piece of equipment. Typically, the manufacturer would apply for the appropriate format.

cheers.gif

Another FYI, if you check out this link: http://www.haascnc.com/etl.asp, you will find that Haas has an ETL listing for their equipment. From their web site: "Edison Testing Laboratory - All Haas CNC machine tools carry the ETL Listed mark certifying that they conform to the NFPA 79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery, and the Canadian equivalent, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 73." This may meet your needs if you check with the regulatory group that is requiring UL listing.

cheers.gif

MetalMarvels,

Thanks for the response. The company that I am working for has already hired underwriters Lab. But there are taking a long tme to get things going and I don't think this guy has worked on shop machinery before. I have already given him all the info from the HAAS web site, but he wont accept it. I was hoping somebody might know of another option for me to get a UL sticker on my machines.

Thanks,

Steve.