Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to set 'previous' for views?

Anybody got an idea on how to set the previous views for cplane, tplane, or gview? Setting the 'current' view with named_view_manager, set_gview, set_gr_gview doesn't update the 'previous view' settings.

I've tried playing with the hidden functions; set_prev_gview, set_prev_cview, set_prev_tview but I can't get them to work. Either I'm not using them right or they don't do what I think.

The only 'trick' I've found so far is to call one of the 'previous' system calls OnPlanesLast, OnCPlaneLast, etc and then call named_view_manager. It works but seems like the wrong way to do it.

Bryan smile.gif

Pete,

Thanks Pete. But that seems to do the same as calling

OnViewPreviousView. I'm looking for a way to set the previous t/c/g views and then call named_view_manager. So that if the user runs previous view/cplane/tplane through mastercam it'll go back to the t/c/g view from before the chook was run.

Either that or named_view_manager should be but isn't setting the 'previous' variables when called with VWMGR_TPLANE, VWMGR_CPLANE, or VWMGR_GVIEW.

But I'm thinking since set_gr_view and set_gview don't set the previous whatever, this is by design and there a separate routine(s) for setting 'previous' before or after calling named_view_manager or set_gr_view or set_gview.

Bryan smile.gif