Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

projecting a tool path

kasket

Can mcam ver 9sp1 project a tool path to a solid surface?

Also I just purchased a new computer pent. 4, 512 ram, I have a problem when I select lines I can't see the small box or any arrows for tool directs. I tried changing grafic settings but no change.

Can anyone help me with these problems?

Thanks Kasket

1. from help :

Creating a surface finish project toolpath

1. Choose Toolpaths , Surface , Finish , Project from the Main Menu.

2. Select the surfaces and/or solids for the toolpath using the Entity Selection menu.

3. Enter the parameters for the toolpath and choose OK . The project finish toolpath is added to the Operations Manager.

Note: You can also create a surface finish project toolpath from the Operations Manager by choosing Toolpaths , Surface finish , Project from the right-click menu.

You can also do surface rough project

2. what is your graphic card ?

Make sure that the 2D path depths are set to Top of Stock 0.0 incremental and the Depth is set to whatever value needed incremental. Then make sure you have the Add depths box checked in the project toolpath. This is the way I do it...

HTH

Russell,

Is the 2D geometry you are trying to project on a plane that will place it on the surface you're projecting it to? Also is it a Surface-Rough-Project or Finish-Project? Could you possibly upload the file in question to the FTP site so anyone interested in helping could open it and provide more precise support? HTH biggrin.gif

Strange Russel, that seemed to work pretty flawlessly for me in 8.1.1, 9sp1 is a different story.. mad.gif Still waiting anxiously for my 9.1 that was supposed to be sent out about a week and a half ago frown.gif

Like Peter said, if you can upload the file, or at least the part your having trouble with (the 2d path geometry, the surface(s) you need to project onto, the 2d toolpath and the incorrect 3d project toolpath) one of us could take a look at it and see what's going on.

[ 04-16-2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]