Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

On file close is there a Save object?

With Verisurf we put information in a database inside of the Mastercam file. We are finding that if the Sim gets disconnected the file Save that comes up will save all Mastercam items, but none of the Verisurf items. We are also seeing this when you close through the Red X in the upper right hand corner that the close abject is not triggering the save database part where we store out information to then be saved. We figure file save some will not access the database since it is more for saving CAD information and you get the association to toolpaths will be lost when saving this file. With Autosave activate it does not save all the information as well so using this does not help a customer possible lose hours of work if they forget to hit save, hit the red x to close or if their sim gets disconnected.

Here is the question are there other save objects related to different ways you shut down Mastercam? If so what are they and what is the best way to incorporate them for Verisurf to save the Data the same Mastercam does through all these different methods in which Mastercam can close a file? Any ideas of help would be greatly appreciated.

Out of curiosity, when you say 'database' are you saving custom info in the entity database, a separate file, or doing something else?

If you hooking the save event to save to a separate file. I'm guessing, it maybe the redX or sim disconnected is calling MCEVENT_MCEXIT unloading any memory resident chooks before they can see the MCEVENT_PRE_FILE_SAVE.

If you're saving custom data inside the mcx file and mastercam itself is saving the info, no idea. But I'd be your best friend forever if I could learn to save custom data inside a mcx file. smile.gif

Ron,

In which of the conditions you describe does the 'm_close' function in your CHook does not get called. It obviously won't during an AutoSave (I'll have to investigate what event the CHook could 'see' in this case), but what about the others? SIM disconnected & Windows 'X' close.

Bryan,

"Save custom data in an MCX."

I can get you some info next week.