Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 on multiple computers

Simoneau

How are you guys who have a bunch of programmers, setting up Mastercam on all those computers? Say if we have 10 guys running Mastercam and there is a new release like X5. It’s a pain to go and migrate everyone’s personal setting and all. Its there an easy way to manage all of that?

Also when installing X5 it wants to default to Documents and Settings. Well our D&S is on the network so we really don’t want to be pulling files off the network. Is there a way around using the My mcamx5 and Shared McamX5 folders? Not sure if I am making any sense or not just trying to make life a bit easier over here since our IT department doesn’t support this software and I am the one dealing with it.

Thanks

How are you guys who have a bunch of programmers, setting up Mastercam on all those computers? Say if we have 10 guys running Mastercam and there is a new release like X5. It’s a pain to go and migrate everyone’s personal setting and all. Its there an easy way to manage all of that?

Also when installing X5 it wants to default to Documents and Settings. Well our D&S is on the network so we really don’t want to be pulling files off the network. Is there a way around using the My mcamx5 and Shared McamX5 folders? Not sure if I am making any sense or not just trying to make life a bit easier over here since our IT department doesn’t support this software and I am the one dealing with it.

Thanks

I think you could just update 1 pc, and copy and paste files to other pc's

IT department doesn’t support this software

I can see them not wanting to support previous releases installing on the root of the c, but x5 now being a standard windows install it might eliminate there trepidations of mcam. That was the reason for going to the new file location structure.

Sorry I don't have an answer quite yet for you on your original ques.