Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

confused question for generation & backplot

seiai007

hi guys.

I am doing some exercises in my college's lab with mastercam X3. There is a problem I met. When I finished setting up several parameters for my toolpath, then press ok, I have to take long time to wait mastercam finish its preview toolpath creation. The tool will go through every path carefully which I set up. If I set 10 levels for Z depth cutting, I have to wait 10minutes and see the tool touch every level. So, you can image that, if I make a mistake like set 100 levels for cutting a stuff, the only thing I can do is shut down my computer because during the computer working, any menu is locked up.

do you have any same experience with that? How can I change it? I saw another guy play with mastercam in his laptop. After he set up toolpath, the computer will creat preview toolpath at a very short time and automatically.

I am so confuse about that.

I hope someone could help me out. Thanks a lot

hi guys.

I am doing some exercises in my college's lab with mastercam X3. There is a problem I met. When I finished setting up several parameters for my toolpath, then press ok, I have to take long time to wait mastercam finish its preview toolpath creation. The tool will go through every path carefully which I set up. If I set 10 levels for Z depth cutting, I have to wait 10minutes and see the tool touch every level. So, you can image that, if I make a mistake like set 100 levels for cutting a stuff, the only thing I can do is shut down my computer because during the computer working, any menu is locked up.

do you have any same experience with that? How can I change it? I saw another guy play with mastercam in his laptop. After he set up toolpath, the computer will creat preview toolpath at a very short time and automatically.

I am so confuse about that.

I hope someone could help me out. Thanks a lot

If you post this in the industrial forum you will probably get more responses.

You could try to disable the Hardware Acceleration in the system config (ALT+F8) under screen. Or you could try playing around with the memory buffering in the sytem config under toolpaths.

Other than that it sounds like a computer related issue. Maybe ask IT if they will uninstall and re-install on one of the computers to see if that helps (make sure it has full read and write privileges) if the issue still occurs then that may narrow it down to a more computer related issue.

Good Luck.