Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Server Install and MCX5 Questions

sir Camalot

I was wondering if anyone could offer some answers or suggestions regarding our upcoming server install. We are going to install a new server soon. We are currently running net hasp/ Mastercam X5/and Windows 7 Pro. The new server software I think will be Microsoft Server 2008. Is there anything that we should be aware of regarding the X5 environment and this new install? I would like to have X5 play nice and avoid any problems or pitfalls in advance. I was wondering about permissions, security settings and the hasp relationship to the server.

The hasp is constantly timing out and dropping MC. I am experiencing a number of issues as far as tool path generation, (mostly 5 axis stuff) and was wondering if now that MC is residing in multiple places…”My Documents”, “Public Documents” the “C:\Program Files (x86)\mcamx5 directory” aaaand on the server, is this creating conflicts somehow? Should these items be “local” and not on the server or does this have no affect on MC? What is the best way to deal with the net hasp on the server? Is there a way to set the net hasp up so that we avoid the timing out issue or will this go away with the new server and updated server software? I am also curious about the relationship between my work station and the server as well. Is there anything to be aware of there?