Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 clearance and reference point issues

DavidSV

I am programming a part for my horizontal mill. I have to program it retract so I can index the B axis. I use clearance and reference points for this. For some reason sometimes my X5 just stops using these. Also any "point toolpaths" stop being used. They are still in the operation menus and in the operations manager, but when I post I can do a file compare changing nothing, and all the reference points and point toolpaths will not post out. I have to restart my computer and regenerate the toolpaths and then all is fine again. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason and whenever it feels like it. I have to be really careful when I repost a program because instead of just a few lines of code being different, the whole program is changed. I don't know if its a post issue, X5 issue, or Windows issue. It seems that in X5, when it happens and I backplot the toolpaths, they are messed up in backplot. After I restart and regenerate, they are correct in backplot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

David