Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

anyone have trouble with "Custom Tool" in X5

kennebec

Thanks guys,

Your answers are what I was looking for I will try again, I am sorry you feel I did not give you enough information, I know you all know what custom tools are and it was that simple of a question, have you or have you not had trouble, you have not so I will back track my work and find my error.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Trouble with the custom drawn tools giviong proper code... no, no issues at all. Good code. Trouble with the graphical representation of the cutting section of the tool when I change LOC, Shoulder, OAL relative to the gold color on the tool... yes. I sent it in to QC and recieved a less than satisfactory reply for the first time ever. In a nutshell, it's not a bug. dry.gif

But John is right, more information would have been helpful. It is a simple yes/no answer for you because you are familiar with the unexpected result you are experiencing whereas we are not privy to that information until you share it with us.

The only issue i've had is with the custom drawn tool being referenced to the older file. The tool points to the drawing from X4 and gives some kind of warning, can't remember exactly what it said. I had to update the file to the -X5 extension and put it in the shared tools folder and open each tool, so i could switch the filepath and have it point to the new file......

I didn't update the whole tool folder, because I'm guessing it would dump in all the X4 default tools and i don't want that. Kind of a pain to do them one at a time, but I don't know a better way. Maybe someone can suggest a better way to do it, but I'm at a loss.