Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TEST .STP Model for software validation

CAM-mando

Hi folks,

Any Boeing suppliers here that have been through a DPD/MBD audit to D6-51991?

The standard requires that we either validate each translation or "validate" our software. We are using exclusively .stp files provided by Boeing and intend to simply perform a validation of each new software revision using a test model. Does anyone have a step file already available for this purpose? I am assuming our test model should represent all possible feature types but in step land I am not sure what that means specifically.

Any experience in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think you are addressing two different aspects of DPD:

1) Model Validation:

A method of validating a translation from the originating master dataset received from Boeing.

This needs to be done for any model translated from the master dataset received.

This can be a point cloud check, or a software validation tool like Kubotek Validation tool. per section 9

2) PAS Software:

A method of validation of your CMM (product acceptance) after update/upgrade/ maintenance etc of CMM software to assure that calculations haven't changed.

This can utilize a cheeseblock and a proven part to compare results after a change to CMM system software.

PAS also includes inventory control of PAS equipment, temperature control, drift points and more per 7.2

There is more to DPD, but I think this covers what you asked.

I've been down the DPD road a few times, so ask away.

I know that Crazy millman is also versed in DPD.

I think you are addressing two different aspects of DPD:

1) Model Validation:

A method of validating a translation from the originating master dataset received from Boeing.

This needs to be done for any model translated from the master dataset received.

This can be a point cloud check, or a software validation tool like Kubotek Validation tool. per section 9

2) PAS Software:

A method of validation of your CMM (product acceptance) after update/upgrade/ maintenance etc of CMM software to assure that calculations haven't changed.

This can utilize a cheeseblock and a proven part to compare results after a change to CMM system software.

PAS also includes inventory control of PAS equipment, temperature control, drift points and more per 7.2

There is more to DPD, but I think this covers what you asked.

I've been down the DPD road a few times, so ask away.

I know that Crazy millman is also versed in DPD.

For Boeing Philadelphia the validation method for step supar files is "As Received" which I understand to mean individual model validation is not required. Any PAS software including CAD does need to be validated however.

I am familiar with teh Kubotek product and if required to provide individual model translation validations will go that route, but thus far I am told it will not be required for our work. All I am asking at the moment is if anyone has a test model they use for PAS validation. Of course we can create one or use a sample Boeing file but I wasn't sure if there is a generic test model floating around of some sort.