Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tplane/Cplane Origin Associativity

n_tydingco

Gentlemen, Everyonce in awhile I come across this issue where my user defined Tplane and Cplane origins show up as not associative. Not every user defined Tplane has this problem -- so I'll have two associative and two non-associative Tplanes/Cplanes.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've already tried to redefine a new Tplane and when i went to choose the origin it dimmed out the Associativity check box.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Now this is just a theory mind you (as I have experienced the same hting myself) so here goes.

If you leave the origin for the WCS at the system's origin you the Associative Box greyed out. If you pick a point on a solid or surface, you get the same thing. If you pick an actual point, or end point of a line, arc, spline the associativity box will light up.

HTH

hmmm...interesting theory James. I don't remember exactly how I got into this predicament, but I will try to prove your theory when I get a few free minutes.

I somehow got the associativity checkbox to become active again when I chose EDIT VIEW/SET ORIGIN, and picked the endpoint of my bounding box. The only difference being that I tried to create a new view last time (TPLANE/ENTITY -- pick two lines -- SAVE, etc.) and this time I edited the existing view.

n_tydingco,

The Associative Origin will only be highlighted if the geometry you selected for the new Origin of that WCS or Toolplane is an actual point from wireframe geometry. It will not be highlighted if the Origin point you selected was a pick point from solid geometry or a Relative (incr.)point from existing geom. This is because if the actual point that you selected for the Origin is moved, the values for the Origin also change. Intersection points and points selected from solids are not actual points but rather theoretical points. HTH cheers.gif

[ 05-05-2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

quote:

Intersection points and points selected from solids are not actual points but rather theoretical points.

Ahhhhh, "I see, said the blindman as he picked up his hammer and saw..." That's exactly what I tried to do -- pick up the origin as an intersecting point from 2 line entities.

Thanks for the enlightenment. smile.gif