Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 6T Post Processor

Sky-Tec Rich

Hello (I'm new) - HELP!

My company is in need of a post processor for a Fanuc 6T controller Pratt & Whitney lathe. We're all pretty good at web searching and surfing and have come up dry on everything.

Is there anyone out there who can point in the right direction?

- Rich

Sky-Tec

800-476-7896

Rich,

quote:

Hello (I'm new) - HELP!

Brace yourself. Read the faq at the top.

Contact your dealer. That is the best place to start.

Phil

By the way, nice plane

[ 05-08-2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: PhilCott ]

Welcome aboard

Some of us are getting a hard time for ripping guys like you who walk into our forum and ask for posts right off the bat, so I'll refrain for this once; especially since you have the "feel" of a legitimate user.

As Phil said; your Mastercam reseller is the place to go for a custom-tweaked post.

That being said, the MPLFAN post that you have on your Mastercam CD should work (when you set the "new / old" switch in the post to "old") for a 6T to get you program geometry; customizing to your machine is up to you.

If you hang around awhile and establish yourself as a member of this forum, ask any specific questions about post outputs or format and you'll likely get very useful answers.

C

[ 05-08-2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Rich, Thanks for not coming straight out and asking for a post. Most would not have done what you did. cheers.gif

Now, is there something specific that you need the post to do?

'Rekd teh Light at the end of the tunnel is not, contrary to popular belief, a train... it's a garilla with a flash light.

quote:

Rich, Thanks for not coming straight out and asking for a post

Huh?

quote:

My company is in need of a post processor for a Fanuc 6T controller Pratt & Whitney lathe

Although much better form than "DOES ANYBODY HAVE A POST FOR A LATHE WITH A FANUC 6T" I will wholeheartedly I agree.

C

quote:

We're all pretty good at web searching and surfing and have come up dry on everything.

Is there anyone out there who can point in the right direction?

The last statement is not a plea for a free post, it's a plea for help in where to go to find one.

He did not ask for a post, he stated that his company needed one. Notice the lack of a "?" at the end of the first sentence?

'Rekd teh Reading and Comprehension is key

quote:

Notice the lack of a "?" at the end of the first sentence?

So today we're diagraming sentences ... great rolleyes.gif

Dave

teh "what in the hek will I ever use this english stuff for in the real world anyway" biggrin.gif

[ 05-08-2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: CAMmando ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Sky Tec Rick,

I believe MLC-CAD is you best bet. They have offices all over the Great State of Texas. Sometimes, if the modifications are not too serious your dealer will do it for free, but you have ask first.

HTH

Wow,

Any of you guys accidentally stepped into a biker bar before (assuming you aren't a biker)? eek.gif

If any of you guys wanna dance with my date, that would be fine with me (not-so-obscure Animal House reference for all you keeping score at home).

I sorta have that new-kid-in-class feeling now that I've come onto this board and stragically made my first post an urgent request for a post processor.

Sheeooooot! Thank goodness my first move was to send a private e-mail to my local MLC tech rep which he answered usefully offline. Seems I (the MasterCam Neophyte) missed the little extra post programs that you can install individually off the CD - Doh! Thank you sir, may I have another?! redface.gif

Well, I sure hope to spend some time on this board on occaision (though given my incompetence, there's likely little I could ever contribute productively) and maybe even get to the point where I can raz the new guys who pop up out of nowhere with the post:

CAN ANYONE PLEEEEEASE HELP ME BY DOING MY JOB FOR ME SO AS TO AVOID MY HAVING TO DO ANY RESEARCH AND/OR THINKING OF MY OWN AND GO OUT OF YOUR WAY ON THIS, A VERY BUSY DAY FOR YOU, AND SEND ME SOMETHING I NEED IN EXCHANGE FOR MY INSINCERE GRATITUDE WHICH I AM UNLIKELY TO EVER SEND YOU BEYOND THE WORDS - THANK YOU - (IN ALL CAPS, OF COURSE BECAUSE IT TAKES ME TOO LONG TO TO HOLD THE SHIFT KEY DOWN WITH ONE FINGER WHILE I TYPE WITH THE OTHER).

- THANK YOU

- rich cool.gif