Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x2 to x5 update question

MILLRUNNER

I got my new pc in today with windows 7 and X5. Everything in mastercam is back to default as it is when freshly installed. I'm trying to figure out if I can pull one of my config files over from x2 into x5, so I don't have to completely redo my toolbars.

I went into my older version of x2 this morning on my old pc and found a file in the config folder called John.mtb. This is the settings that I had there and contains the toolbar layouts that I want.

I opened up x5 on my new pc, and went to settings > customize and then went and found this file. When I click ok, it does effectively impliment the file and my toolbars switch to the way they are supposed to be, but when I close out and restart the program I'm back to default.

What can I do to make my toolbar .mtb file stick?

The mtb file should be in this folder

C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\my mcamx5\CONFIG

The in Mastercam, settings >> config, go down to the Start/Exit branch.

You will find the place in there to set the mtb file.

DO NOT move your X2 config file into X5 but the .mtb is OK

I think the problem I am going to have there is that my older version of x2 is on my old pc. This new version x5 is on a different, new computer.

Just create folders on a flash drive for each machine you have and copy the wmd, lmd or mmd file the .control file and the .pst file into those folders. Load it on your new pc, create a new folder called files for update or whatever you want and update one machine at a time. I just did the update from X2 to X5 and thats what worked good for me.