Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Turning

McAtee

Option to define varying allowances on turn toolpaths.

On certain areas of part I would like to leave more stock for a certain length on a certain diameter and or angle when I rough the part. This extra stock is for a test cut or what ever, with out having to generate another piece of geometry. Does anyone have any tricks to share on this?

In X5 they have included a clearance angle option so you do not have to generate any geometry when approaching a shoulder this will allow the tool to angle up the shoulder with out full tool contact. Thats a time saving addition.

For example lets say you have a 20.0" long section in a part and you want to leave .04" on diameter at each end of the tool path about .5" long and the middle only leave .02" on diameter, next you want to take a test cut and cut the extra material down to the .02" you left the rest of the part at to size tool and adjust for taper, next you take the finish cut over the entire length.

To do this I need to generate geometry for the extra material ares and for the test cuts which is takes time.