Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Top of Stock

I have a pretty good custom drill cycle for a reverse spotface tool. I just have two more tweaks I want to do.

First, my cycle runs the first hole twice. That doesn't hurt me for this job coming up, I'd just like to get that out of there. I'm sure it's in the transition between "pmisc1$" and "pdrill_pt" which outputs the 2nd thru Nth hole location to be drilled. I know it's difficult to understand without seeing the post, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight there.

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to name the "Misc. #1" in the Mastercam drop-down menu to "Reverse Spotface" or something like that... or do I just have to remember it is written for the "Misc. #1" field?

Thanks.

Guest lucus serninj

You can name the drill cycle as follows.

At the bottom of the post, in the control definition section, you'll find the text for each drill cycle. For Misc #1, change the first input.

[misc1]

1. "Reverse Spotface"

2. ""

3. ""

7. ""

8. ""

9. ""

10. ""

11. ""

To remove the repeat drill point, you might be able to use a combination of the variables gcode$ and drillcyc$.

For drilling, gcode$ = 81 for the first call of the cycle and then gcode$ = 100 for subsequent points.

The variable drillcyc$ tells you what drill cycle you are using, drillcyc$ = 6 is for pmisc1$.

You could try something like this.

if drillcyc$ = 6 & not(gcode$ = 81), pdrill_pt

Hope this helps.

I have a pretty good custom drill cycle for a reverse spotface tool. I just have two more tweaks I want to do.

First, my cycle runs the first hole twice. That doesn't hurt me for this job coming up, I'd just like to get that out of there. I'm sure it's in the transition between "pmisc1$" and "pdrill_pt" which outputs the 2nd thru Nth hole location to be drilled. I know it's difficult to understand without seeing the post, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight there.

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to name the "Misc. #1" in the Mastercam drop-down menu to "Reverse Spotface" or something like that... or do I just have to remember it is written for the "Misc. #1" field?

Thanks.

Guest Guest

At the bottom of the post, in the control definition section, you'll find the text for each drill cycle. For Misc #1, change the first input.

[misc1]

1. "Reverse Spotface"

2. ""

3. ""

7. ""

8. ""

9. ""

10. ""

11. ""

To remove the repeat drill point, you might be able to use a combination of the variables gcode$ and drillcyc$.

For drilling, gcode$ = 81 for the first call of the cycle and then gcode$ = 100 for subsequent points.

The variable drillcyc$ tells you what drill cycle you are using, drillcyc$ = 6 is for pmisc1$.

You could try something like this.

if drillcyc$ = 6 & not(gcode$ = 81), pdrill_pt

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I just want to make sure I explain this right. I'm looking at the "Cut Parameters" in Mastercam and when I select a drill cycle from the drop down menu, I want to change the one that says "Misc. #1" to a name I choose.

I'm not sure that has anything to do with the post... or I just don't understand what you mean.

Thanks.