Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to automate Saving Multiple files

Terry_1230

Basically if it could save every level to a file using the level name as the file name.

I have a template i use to rename the levels automatically when i bring in an assembly

(for exaple level 1 = det 1). So that would be nice if i could just get all the files to

save individually (sometimes there can be as many as 300 that i need to save individually).

But it would also be nice if you could use the level sets to control what gets saved, what doesn't

get saved and to create new folders. Like if the level set = blank or 0 it won't save, but

if the level set = 1 on a bunch of different levels, it will save them all idividually in a

new folder called 1. If the level set = 2,3,4,5, etc.... Same thing as 1 but the folder would

be called 2,3,4,5, etc.... (or whatever the level set name is).

Basically if it could save every level to a file using the level name as the file name.

I have a template i use to rename the levels automatically when i bring in an assembly

(for exaple level 1 = det 1). So that would be nice if i could just get all the files to

save individually (sometimes there can be as many as 300 that i need to save individually).

But it would also be nice if you could use the level sets to control what gets saved, what doesn't

get saved and to create new folders. Like if the level set = blank or 0 it won't save, but

if the level set = 1 on a bunch of different levels, it will save them all idividually in a

new folder called 1. If the level set = 2,3,4,5, etc.... Same thing as 1 but the folder would

Terry,

When I see program "specs" like this, I get a bit concerned. Is that a black hole I see ahead? :blink:

Note that there are potential pitfalls to using the Level Set “name” and/or the Level “name”

to create the folder name and/or filename, as…

Level Set "name" and Level "name" can contain characters that are not valid for a filespec path.

And...

Combining Level Set "name" and Level "name" can result in a filespec that is too long ( > MAX_PATH ).

Are you running X5? (Hint: You better be...)

Shoot me an email -> SDK <at> mastercam <dot> com

And to wrap up, stealing from the wise ramblings of Mr. Rimkus

Don't make me regret helping you :-)