Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Making Mold

PoNyCaR50L

Im currently looking for a way to make a mold without uncercut from a STL.

My problem is not to make the mold, because its pretty easy for me right know.

I need a way to calcule, and cut the STL and make a 2 pieces Mold without undercut.

The mold is for making a part of a human body, and my customer need 2-3 pieces mold. (like a 3D curve, spline, that follow the side of the body to assure no undercut, after that Bolean the STL body from a block and cut from that 3D curve)

Our problem is not to machine that part (we have 5 axis) but if actually for our customer that do something like fiberglass on it or another product and no undercut is allowed

Is there are any addons, or any software that can do this actually? We are looking at Catia but even Catia dont seems to do it...

Thanks

I dont know if I was clear enough...