Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moldplus VS Verisurf

within a thou

Currently we are weighting the options of going paperless and removing blueprints from the floor. All of our designs are done in Catia V5. My worry about doing this one is my operators will be flying blind and in a ways I will be also when I import models and have to wonder if thay 5/16 hole is a dowel or tap drill for 3/8-16. M14 X 2.0 is another example. But mainly tolerancing issues

After doing some research I se both Moldplus and Verisurf are capable of actually importing the GD&T along with feature call outs. Which is the better route for me to go considering how I want to use this?

Well seeing how they are one in the same not sure what asking here. We have a partnership with Moldplus and work together to offer MBD. What you get with Mold Plus is what you get with Verisurf so there is no better or worse. We talk about this all the time and using Verisurf and when MBD is in the Model the tolerances are used for inspection. Complete process from Start to finished using CATIA then importing it into Mastercam for the manufacturing using the translator to bring in all the MBD. Lastly if you go as far for use Verisurf with an Inspection Device you then have the paperless approach for inspection. Terms get throw around all the time. CAD(Computer Aided Drafting), CAM(Computer Aided Machining or Manufacturing), MBD(Model Based Inspection), CMM(Coordinate Measuring Machine) and I want to introduce you to one I have come up with CAI(Computer Aided Inspection). I think the future for Manufacturing is CAI and the more companies that look to software like Verisurf for that capability the more that will see the paperless environment become easier and more a reality. Hopefully I answered your question and if not please feel free to email me and I will be glad to expand on what I typed here.