Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Moving 4th axis head in simulation

Darin

Yes, but the only way I've found to do it it a bit of a pain. If you look in the MachSim folder, you will find a folder for each of the defined machines. Inside each folder are a set of STL files, one for each machine component,

an .XML file, which is a text file defining each component, and a Gif file with a picture of the machine.

Make a copy of the Folder from which you want to Rotate the 4th axis from, such as 1_4AXGEN_VMCTA, and rename it something else. In this Folder, rename the .XML and the .GIF files to the same name you gave the folder. In order to flip the Rotary, open the files ending in _A1 and _X3, these are the Rotary face and the Rotary Base. Rotate them 180 deg and save as the same name.

Now, open the Files ending in _X1 and _X2. You need to move the table down so the rotary is at the other end. I think I moved mine -21.000 in. (BTW, when I first opened mine, everything was metric, but suddenly everthing went to inches and I'm not sure what I did. )

Now, open the .XML file and invert the X axis limits.

I'm not sure yet how to get the .Gif picture right.

Now, when you open Sim setup, your new machine will be on the list.

I also scaled my Rotary to make it look more like an 8in than a twelve. Worked good, except when I scaled it, it left a gap between the rotary and the table so I had to move all the Base, X and Y features up in Z.