Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma post

Hello

I have and older Okuma Cadet 4020 here that hasn't had a new program on it in quite some time, before my time. The 4th axis does not like any value over 360 degrees. I tried changing the "Continuous Axis Type" in the machine def, but with no change. I had to update the post from V9 , but it may even be earlier (I saw 8.1 in there somewhere). Is there something I am missing or overlooking? The old programs look fine, but I have no way to go back to earlier versions to test the post. Or is there any parameters or code at the control to allow >360 degreee values?

Thanks for any help

Dan,

You have 2 choices

1- Change the machine def to 0-360 shortest path.

Settings

Machine def

Open ya file

Double click A axis in machine base

Down the bottom right select shortest direction absolute angle 0-360

or

Edit ya post and that will depend on what post you started with

2 - Change the machine parameter

It will depend on which flavor of OSP you have

Parameters

Rotary axis parameter

A-Axis Multiturn function

Select effective

Thanks

I did change the machine def to shortest path and that had no effect. I noticed it only "winds up" when I post out multiple tool paths. If i post out a single toolpath, changing the machine def will fix the problem, but when I add the next path, which I am using axis subsitution, it continues where the previous path left off( if I post out just the axis sub path alone, it also works fine). The post does post out the "M15" and "M16". I will try to edit the post but initially nothing jumped out at me as being off.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have and older Okuma Cadet 4020 here that hasn't had a new program on it in quite some time, before my time. The 4th axis does not like any value over 360 degrees. I tried changing the "Continuous Axis Type" in the machine def, but with no change. I had to update the post from V9 , but it may even be earlier (I saw 8.1 in there somewhere). Is there something I am missing or overlooking? The old programs look fine, but I have no way to go back to earlier versions to test the post. Or is there any parameters or code at the control to allow >360 degreee values?

Thanks for any help

The problem is in your post. You will have to modify the wind/unwind section so the output resets instead of being accumlative.