Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stage tool Problem

Hi All

I have a Mazak FH8800 and I have been modifying the generic Fanuc 3/4 axis post to suit.

I have most of it working properly now.

However when it comes to the pre stage tool I have a slight problem

My Mastercam test piece is a cube that has a simple contour machining on each face to capture the B axis output and also a drilling operation.

The contour machining uses T51 and there are four operation where I have ticked the force tool change in the operation parameters for each operation and this generates a tool change code so I can restart on any face.

The problem is that it is prestaging the Drill which is T2 directly after the first operation which makes the tool magazine index pocket 2, to the pre select tool change arm. When the second contour operation starts and the forced tool change code is read it reads the T51 and index the magazine to T51 and then back to T2.... This occurs at every operation

Here is what the Nc code looks like

O12345678(POST SETUP)

( DATE=DD-MM-YY - 28-07-11 TIME=HH:MM - 08:35)

( T51 | 54MM SANDVIK LONG EDGE ENDMILL )

( T2 | DIA 20.01MM GUHRING HT DRILL )

( T3 | 20MM MITSUBISHI ENDMILL )

G21

G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90

( 54MM SANDVIK LONG EDGE ENDMILL )

T51

M6

T2

B000

G0 G90 G54 X185. Y54. S800 M3

This is what I would think and Like it to look like untill the final contour oepration and only then preselet T2

O12345678(POST SETUP)

( DATE=DD-MM-YY - 28-07-11 TIME=HH:MM - 08:35)

( T51 | 54MM SANDVIK LONG EDGE ENDMILL )

( T2 | DIA 20.01MM GUHRING HT DRILL )

( T3 | 20MM MITSUBISHI ENDMILL )

G21

G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90

( 54MM SANDVIK LONG EDGE ENDMILL )

T51

M6

T51

B000

G0 G90 G54 X185. Y54. S800 M3

Is there a way to instruct the post to realize that due to the four contour operations that the actual next tool is the curernt tool until the last contour operation and only then preselect T2

Hope I have made the problem clear. It does cause alot of unecessary magazine movement.

• Like 1

Hi NANO,

Try changing your pstagetool postblock to look like this...\

pstagetool  	#Pre-stage tools
 	if stagetool = 1,
   	[
   	if ttblend$,  #Check for last toolchange
     	[
     	if stagetltype = 1, *next_tool$  #stage first tool at last toolchange
     	]
   	else, #*next_tool$ #stage tool at every toolchange   		############commented out and added next 3 lines 7-26-11	
     	[
     	if next_t$ <> t$, *next_tool$ #stage tool at every toolchange
     	]
   	]

See pic in next post....

• Like 1

Anyone have any clue why my indentation is wrong whenever I use the "code" thing...?

Keith.... Your a genius

I am slowly but surely starting to understand this Dark World of Boolean and conditional statements

I managed to sort out a similar issue I had with the B axis output. The conditional statement in pindex

#if (prv_indx_out <> fmtrnd(indx_out)) | (prv_cabs <> fmtrnd(cabs)),

and based on this would either output the indx_out value. I want an output at every operation even if they are equal, so by turning off the statement with # it now outputs the indx_out variable every time pindex is read.

Thanks

• 5 years later...

hi K2csq7. 

The image of you is unable to see. Could you reup again? . i have the trouble with it. Thank you. 

Check with your reseller n Vietnam.....

I just sent you  private message