Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error Processingh Solid

kool

It's not a bug.

You deleted or modified a chain that is used to define a solid.

Go into your solid tab in the Op manager, you'll find one of your solids with a ? on it. figure out which chain you messed with and you can fix it.

sheesh

I used to get this a lot prior to the X versions. It was not related to deleting geometry. I would occur when megring in a file (usually a solidworks file) and re-positioning the merged in stuff. I'm glad I have not seen the problem in a long time! What version are you using Kool?

I'm trying to merge MCX-5 file with multiple solid (fixture, clamp, etc). All these solid were design in inventor, so in Mastercam there is no chain attached to these solid.

It used to work fine in X4. and it still work in X4. only problem is with X5. I have 9 diffrent PC with X5 all have the same problem. and also it is not just one MCX file it is with all MCX files with solid.

While I see a lot of things, certainly not all, this is one I have NEVER encountered nor seen.

Any chance of getting the files that are doing it?

Perhaps sending them into QC? This is a new one on me, typically as I stated, that IS the issue, so I'd like to see this one.

I'm trying to merge MCX-5 file with multiple solid (fixture, clamp, etc). All these solid were design in inventor, so in Mastercam there is no chain attached to these solid.

It used to work fine in X4. and it still work in X4. only problem is with X5. I have 9 diffrent PC with X5 all have the same problem. and also it is not just one MCX file it is with all MCX files with solid.

Try saving the file you are trying to merge as a .step or .x_t file.

Then merge that file into your other .mcx-5 file.

This has worked for me several times.

• 5 months later...

Try saving the file you are trying to merge as a .step or .x_t file.

Then merge that file into your other .mcx-5 file.

This has worked for me several times.

This happens to me as well. I also have to save the file I want to merge as an .x_t file first, then merge it into a .MCX-5 file