Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrex Question

tsaladyga

Hi there all.

I am starting a new job soon where they have Haas 5 axis vertical machines and Mazak Integrexes. Currently they fat finger program them and they want me to develop Mastercam for them. They alrady have posts, however, my question is: Can anyone provide me with a sample program specifically for an Integrex Machine so I can see the toolpath and the way the settings should be defined. Integrex is a new area for me. Currently my only experience is with 4 axis and 5 axis positioning using a Haas tilt indexer. If anyone can help me get started with this I would appreciate it very much. I know the reseller has a 5 axis class(which I will be signed up for shortly), but not sure how much of that is going to help in real world programming environments with Integrex. I think if I had an example to look at, it would be extremely valuable to my learning.

Thanks all,

Todd

Jeremy's right, we'd need to know the model/style of Integrex to get the part setup correctly. The programming is also going to be dependent on how the post has been setup. Some people will program the vertical styles horizontally, some program them vertically, it all depends on how the post was initially setup for the machine.

Some posts will need to make use of specific misc values to control the nc output or have the toolpaths setup in specific ways based on the post setup. From a generic programming perspective we can get you something, however the output from the sample file may not be good for the machine.

Can you tell us which post they are using or who the supplier is? The supplier would likely have something programmed to suite.

Also what version of mastercam are you looking for a sample for?

Sorry guys,

I forgot to post that stuff. The machine is:

Mazak Integrex 200-IV 12” Swing 5 AXIS w/ live tools & sub-spindle

I am assuming they have the post set-up for horizontal although I am not sure which post they are using. It might be mpostability or in-house.The reseller is Optipro.

Thanks guys

Jeremy,

I will take anything that shows me a little into what the parameter pages are gonna look like in reference to multiaxis or even indexing machining. I would just to get a feel for the WCS set up and Tool set up as well as the planes and any special parameter settings. It doesn't have to be too complicated.

Thanks,

Todd