Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with tooling

Does anyone know where I can find a long woodruff cutter? At least an 1" in cutter diameter. I am trying to machine a counterbore on the bottom a part that needs to be in line with a bore on top within a few tenths. I'll give you the dimensions of the counterbore I am making. I will be reaching 3.600" deep through a 1.200" diameter hole to machine a 1.460" diameter counterbore that is .520" deep. So I need over 1/4" difference between the diameter of the cutter and the diameter of the shank. And did I mention I have about .0005" tolerance on the diameter of the bore? I had thought about going through the part and back boring it but I am having trouble locating the tooling for this approach as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

You may want to look at Iscar Multi-Master. These are solid carbide cutter heads that are threaded into a Multi-Master shank. The heads are available in many different types of configurationa and the shanks are also (straight, tapered, steel, solid carbide, etc.) Hopefully this helps.