Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

memory error

mcoates

When trying to backplot in V8, one of the other seats, running Win 98 SE got an error; " Warning, memory allocation error for tool storage". We increased the memory allocations for databaes and toolpath but still got the error. It plots fine after clearing the error. Later I got the same error on the same file on my seat running Win NT.

It is a small MC8 file, only 187K, with only 8 tools.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance Mark

• 4 months later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Are you by any chance using custom tools when you backplot when you get this error?

I'm having the same problem and I've never encountered it before.

------------------

James M. ;)

James,

Boy this thread is an oldie. Unfortunately it was so long ago that I don't remember, and I was laid off from this company 5 weeks ago so I can't go back and try to recreate the problem. The other programmer was fairly new to MasterCam and had just started using V8 when this problem popped up. He wasn't using any custom tools on purpose, but may have done so by accident.

I don't ever recall this happening on my computer with any other files than the one he had created.

Hope this helps

I still check this forum every couple of days, even though I'm not working yet. Lotta good information here. Had a couple of lines for jobs, but they don't use MasterCam. No other Cam product seems to have a forum like this. I'll miss it if I have to go to another product.

Like lotsa other people have said before "You guys rock!!!"

Mark Coates

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mark,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Where is Oakley?

You should try to at least get a seat of Mastercam Demo Software. When I worked for the local MC Dealer, on a few occasions I spoke with people that had lost their jobs, and I hooked 'em up for free. But that's just me. It could cost as much as $35 but well worth it in terms of being able to actually use the software, it's really nice.

I used the search for "memory error" to dig this bad boy out. I figured out what geometry situation causes it. That took a while. Everybody I talked to said, "Just do this, this, and this," and custome toools work. But nobody I spoke with had actually modeled the Horizontal Spindle Nose to check for collisions.

------------------

James M. ;)

Thanks guys,

Oakley is where I live, in the east S.F. bay area. I used to work in Livermore, which is becoming kinda like Silicon Vallet North.

I do have the V8.0 demo installed here at home that I play with from time to time to keep in practice. I can't really afford a seat, but I really liked V8.1.1! Hopefully I'll be called back before too long, but the reality is that I might end up taking another job and end up using another system.

So James, you actually included the spindle nose in the tool drawing? Neat!! I know that we didn't do that, so there is something else there. We were using V8.0 then.

Oh by the way, I'm the same ont that started the thread, I just changed my user name.

Mark Coates