Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9.1SP1 Rhino Converter

Zero

Well, if any of you Rhino users haven't noticed it yet, the Rhino converter is in the new service release. It's buried under File/Converters/Next menu/Next Menu/Rhino.

1 thing though, it doesnt seem to work. Anybody else tried it yet?

I'm trying to import rhino 3sr1 (soon to be sr2) files. I know the old direct mc coverter plugin for rhino was for rhino 2 and not 3.....was the converter updated for the service release?

Oh yeah and also for you Rhino guys, sr2 for v3 is now out of beta testing and is up at the Rhino site

[ 07-03-2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Please download the 'EDGEDATA' and 'APPS' part of the Sp1 'patch'. There are new DLLs in there that is essential to running the Rhino importer.

I apologize that we have not done a very good job of telling people what to download, and a lot of it is not obvious. Here's my suggestion:

IF YOU'RE USING ANY OF THE FILE CONVERTERS, make sure to download and install the 'APPS' and all of the '*DATA' patches.

PDG

As an aid to patch deployment in my lab, I repackaged SP1 along with the add-ons from this web site. The re-package is ~75MB, and is self-extracting, so it's a little large to host on my web site (it's on a fractional T1 line). If anyone with the bandwidth to spare would like to host the file, I'd be happy to make it avalible to them.

Thanks PDG. That was my mistake. I did download all the core patches for 9.1 the other day, but neglected to download any of the application patches. Monday I'll give it a shot.

75 megs ouch frown.gif that'll take me all day on 56k eek.gif

[ 07-06-2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Ok just about done with all these patches. Only one more to go (the Cimco update).

Converter does seem to be working now biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

though with some varried results. Got some pretty complex stuff to come in beautiful and some simple stuff to come in a little screwy. I'll probably be sending a couple of files your way to look at PDG.

Anyone else try it yet?

[ 07-07-2003, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]